On the impacts of chemicals on the environment and human health.
If you use chemicals in your business, we can advise on:
- hazards and risk to the health of your staff
- safety data sheets and their interpretation
- safe use in your workplace
- protection of the environment
- compliance with regulations (COSHH – the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- the implications of the European REACH regulations (Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemicals) for your business
- training of your staff on chemical safety
There is regular confusion between hazard and risk. Many substances have high hazard, the potential to cause harm to human health or the environment, but can be used and disposed of safely from the workplace with minimal risk. Regulation is not designed to be a difficult or complex process but often becomes so because of concerns over compliance and confusion over advice. We can guide you through the complexities of the information (and sometimes dis-information) towards sensible and constructive approach to the risk management of chemicals. Safety management is often seen negatively but, conducted properly, will be a positive contribution to both worker health and business efficiency.